Monday, August 10, 2009

Every Blog Must Have a Beginning - And This One is No Exception

Like most people with families and a life, I hesitated to begin this. This being a blog. Something else created to torment those not participating and, for those participating, a torment to continue participating.

So often I have read a friend’s blog or that of some faceless username with a keyboard and a cure for society and thought to myself, “I should write a blog!” I think this not because of a belief that I could write one better but because it often inspires me to want to start writing again. But then I begin to think of…

1. The multiple diaries I’ve bought (mostly for the ornate design on the cover) and the 2-10 pages that have experienced the warm touch of ink before interest is lost.

2. The multiple other hobbies and interests in general that haunt me relentlessly as I continue to ignore the pursuit of them.

3. The feeling that I’m cheating on my other interests when I pursue a different interest. I know. That ones a little weird. Don’t judge.

So, I promptly float on back down to earth or wherever I am at the time, and continue on with the normalities of life and all that that involves. Perhaps I feel a bit sad but at the same time elated that I will not be bombarded with the guilt of a stagnant blog floating somewhere in a dark and unvisited corner of the internet.

Well, much like those intricate and specifically targeted designs calling sweetly to me from the shelves of the “Diaries / Journals” section of Barnes and Noble, I have blinked and found myself knee deep in endless, blank, digitally created pages meant for my filling.

In looking around I realize from this point I can only move forward. And forward I move realizing also this could be my first and last blog. But if this is my last blog or I don’t revisit it for several months to update it, just know that as much as it may be annoying you, it’s haunting me. And if that doesn’t help then start your own blog or a second blog or a life. Okay, that last one was a little mean. I hope it didn’t offend you (you know who you are). Okay, that was mean too. Let’s move on…

Until the unpredictable end of these random pennings (or in this case, typings) my desire for this blog is to create a view into random aspects of my life and thoughts (no loitering please), to articulate my personal perspective on everything political and social (not for the faint of heart), and to be a home for the many other useless things I manage to conjure up in my seemingly vast imagination.

Until guilt drives me back…

No comments:

Post a Comment